Breaking News

Manchester United Signs Ajax Star Antony on a World Record deal of £85m

 




Antony, a Brazilian international, will get a medical in the following 48 hours; Man Utd's £76.3m (€90m) player bid was turned down by Ajax. when the United manager was the Eredivisie champions, the winger collaborated with Erik ten Hag; United has until the transfer deadline on Thursday to complete the transaction.

For winger Antony, Manchester United and Ajax have reached an £85 million agreement.

The 22-year-old will receive a guaranteed £80.75 million from United and a further £4.25 million in add-on payments. He is due in Manchester within the next 48 hours for a physical.

In light of the ongoing negotiations between the two clubs, Antony was once again omitted from the Ajax roster for Sunday's game versus Utrecht.

Personal terms are not anticipated to be an issue in this agreement.

United have been chasing Anthony for several weeks and also saw a £67.9m (€80m) offer rebuffed by the club earlier this week.

On Friday, in an interview with Italian journalist Fabrizio Romano on YouTube, Antony said: "Since February of this year, my agents came to Amsterdam to inform Ajax of my desire to leave the club to face a new challenge and that some interested clubs would arrive and, with them, certainly a great offer.

"During the window months, meetings concluded including a proposal from Ajax for contract renewal. I made it clear once again I want to leave the club.

"Today in a meeting with the board I expressed my interest in leaving the club, this time with a considerable offer on the table. Others have already arrived [but] Ajax always refuses with the argument it only has five days to replace (me).

"I'm not asking [for Ajax] to release me, I am asking Ajax to sell me as the highest bid received by a player who plays in the Eredivisie."

A move to United would see Antony reunited with ex-Ajax boss Erik ten Hag, who has already recruited defender Lisandro Martinez from his former club.

"I was very happy in Amsterdam, I won titles at Ajax, made friends and built part of my career, but now I reinforce that I am ready and full of motivation to follow my story and my dreams," Antony added.

"People need to listen to me and understand that my motivation moves me towards happiness. I need this to continue performing at a high level. Ajax will always be in my heart."

The transfer window closes at 11pm on Thursday, meaning United have four days after Sunday to complete any more deals.

No comments